Monday, March 27, 2006

 

Final Four week

So, how are your brackets doing? If you're like me, you've crumpled them up, burned them, and flushed the ashes down the nearest john. I can't really hide the fact that I'm ecstatic that UF is still alive. I'm not so happy that my work schedule may make it impossible for me to get up to Indy. I never thought that I would be watching two of the Final Four teams a weekend ago in Jacksonville.

What a phenomenal weekend of basketball. (Well, except for Memphis-UCLA, videotapes and DVDs of that game will soon outsell Ambien.) It wasn't quite 2005, but I think ESPN Classic's replay weekend will be something special in a couple of weeks.

The early game Saturday night will feature two teams who refuse to lose. The late game may, appropriately, put barn animals like me to sleep. I doubt UCLA-LSU will be as painful to witness as 2000's Michigan State-Wisconsin snoozefest, but it seems like each Final Four in Indy has to have a game like that. Maybe Glenn Davis will hit some threes and wake everyone up (in shock).

Picks and more commentary as the week moves on.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?